To quickly find anything specific that you are looking for on this website, e.g. bird species, birding places, dates, names etc., just enter your keyword in the box above and click on "Search". Or, use the menu buttons above (e.g. "Society Info" or "Activities" to explore the site.
1. Next General Meeting - Jan. 17, 2019 How Woodpeckers Can Save the World (Or at least your local woodland!) by Stephen ShunkMeetings are at Effie Yeaw Nature Center. Meetings
2. Trips/Tips for Beginning Birders and Ducks in ScopesActivities
14. Interested in preventing birds from hitting windows? - here.
15. New! Family Resources for Outdoor Activities! Programs
16. Kids/Teens CBC 2019 -Alert-The Kids CBC has been cancelled due to the prediction of steady rain and high winds. We are watching the Sunday forecast to make sure it will be safe for teens and their families.
17. Action Alert regarding 2019 bird and habitat protection and the Endangered Species Act. - Action Alerts
a) promote the protection and scientific study of wild birds; b) promote the enjoyment and appreciation of wild birds through community outreach; c) provide, encourage and support environmental educational opportunities; and d) provide proactive leadership in the conservation of open space in the Sacramento region.
SAS is an incorporated 501c3 non profit organization located in the Central Valley of Northern California.
Welcome to the Sacramento Audubon Society
The Sacramento Valley is in the Great Pacific Flyway which is the bird migration route from Alaska to Mexico. In Sacramento you can see about 250 species of birds. Trips organized by the Sacramento Audubon Society go north to Sacramento Wildlife Refuge, east to the Sierra foothills & mountains, south to the San Joaquin River delta, and west to the Pacific Ocean (see map). In this region, one can see up to 400 species of birds. You can enjoy seeing this great variety of birds whether you go birding on your own or join us for half-day, full-day, or 2-day trips. We invite you to become a member of the Society and help in conservation and preservation efforts. We also encourage donations to support the various programs of the Society - check out our profile on Givingedge-Guidestar .
Click to donate by Credit Card or PayPal
You can become a member of the National Audubon Society and/or the Sacramento Audubon Society. Each Society has monthly magazine or newsletter. Local membership dues and donations are used strictly for local programs. For details on Membership, click here.