The Sacramento Audubon Society has developed several presentations on birds and speakers are available to make these presentations to various adult groups such as Church Groups, Seniors Groups, Garden Clubs, etc.
Presentations are also availble for kids group such as Scouts, Science Clubs as well as regular classrooms.
Description of the presentations for Grades 4 and 6, including how the presentation matches the Next Generation Science Standards, can be seen here: Grade 4Grade 6.
Testimonials from a teacher and his students can be seen here: T1T2T3T4
If you are interested in having an interesting 30 to 60 minute presentation for your group, please contact either:
Most adult groups make a donation (speaker honorarium) to SAS to support outdoor education for underserved school children. These programs are conducted at the Effie Yeaw Nature Center at Ancil Hoffman Park in Carmichael.
The following presentations are available:
1. Common Birds of Sacramento - with calls & interesting facts about size, shape and habits.
2. Why Do Birds Do That - A look at 10 common bird behaviours.
3. Cool Things That Birds Do - !0 unusual things that birds do.
4. Bird Courtship Behaviors - How different species attract mates.
5. Bird Habitats of Sacramento County - How different habitats influence the birds seen there.